Prestige vs. Prestige PRO
One of our best selling lines of grills, Napoleon offers a wide range of price points and feature options to provide a quality grill for any budget. Their Prestige 500 and Prestige PRO 500 are two of our most popular models and have a few overlapping features, but there are some key differences that are important to note while making your purchase. We're here to take a closer look at what separates the two grills, so you can choose wisely when buying a Napoleon grill.
Similarities Between the Prestige 500and Prestige Pro 500
Both grills provide a high-end experience with plenty of great features, and before we go over what makes them unique, let's take a look at what's similar about them:
- 304 Stainless Steel Construction
- Both grills feature 304 stainless steel construction, including the firebox, grill grates and hood, where durability is most important. For more info on the difference stainless steel makes, check out our post on the benefits.
- Cooking Area
- Each grill offers the same four burner, 500 square inch cooking surface to provide plenty of grilling space.
- Dual-Level Sear Plates
- Both models come with a two-tiered sear plate system to evenly distribute heat across the surface, preventing hot and cold spots while also protecting the burners from grease and drippings.
- JETFIRE Ignition
- Every burner shoots a length of flame to reliably start up on the first push every time.
Key Features of the Prestige 500
- 8mm Grill Grates
- The grill grates on the Prestige 500 models are all 304 stainless steel, and are 8mm in diameter.
- Optional Upgrades
- The Prestige 500 series comes in three accessory packages so you can customize your experience:
Key Features of the Prestige PRO 500
- Standard Features
- While the P500 has several models with optional features, all of the upgrades like the infrared side and rear burners are standard on the PRO 500 grill.
- 9.5mm Grill Grates
- The grill grates on the PRO 500 models are also made of 304 stainless steel but feature a thicker 9.5mm diameter rod for a higher quality sear.
- Upgraded Lights
- PRO 500 models feature internal halogen lights to shine on the grill surface for day or night cooking.
- The backlit knobs are also upgraded to feature a blue/red LED light system to indicate which burners are in use.
- Ice/Marinade Bucket
- The second side shelf features an integrated ice/marinade bucket to offer more versatility.
Should I Buy a Prestige or Prestige PRO Grill?
Napoleon's Prestige and Prestige PRO 500 grills are two of our top selling grills because they combine high-end features normally found in the most expensive grills, but you don't have to break the bank to get one. You can't go wrong with either, but if you need additional help making up your mind, you can check out our gas grill FAQs or contact our grilling experts Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or via email at any time.
Looking for more info on the Prestige PRO series?