Charcoal Grills & Smokers
Charcoal Grills & Smokers: A Higher Level of Flavor
People everywhere love charcoal grills for the exceptional smoky flavor they can deliver. Burning solid fuel for cooking is as old as humanity itself, and that rich tradition can be carried on in your own backyard with the use of a charcoal grill or smoker. If you're looking to elevate your home cooking experience with an outdoor appliance like a BBQ charcoal grill, then Kickass Grills is the place to be.
We've done a lot of the legwork for you already, curating a collection of only the best charcoal grills on sale today. When you shop with Kickass Grills, you can be sure you're getting a quality product designed to deliver exceptional flavor and a great experience for many years to come. Our outdoor charcoal grill offerings are no exception. From the classic kettle charcoal BBQ to full featured high heat grills with all the bells and whistles, we've got you covered.
Why Buy a Charcoal Grill or Smoker
Why are charcoal grills and smokers so popular? While everyone's got their own reasons for buying a charcoal grill BBQ, we've noticed a few common threads in our years selling high quality outdoor cooking solutions. These are some of the major reasons Kickass Grills customers choose to buy a charcoal grill from us:
- Flavor - The primary selling point for charcoal grills is the delicious flavor they can add to your food. Burning charcoal at low or high temperatures creates smoke, which fills the grill compartment and infuses the food with that distinctive aroma and taste. On top of that, as the food on your charcoal barbecue releases juices, they fall onto the bed of burning coals and vaporize, adding even more flavor to the mix.
- Value - Here at Kickass Grills, we only offer the best brands in the industry, which means prices will trend toward the higher end of the market. However, our charcoal grill offerings include some of our most affordable models. Because they generally don't include more complex technical elements like burners and ignitions, they don't tend to cost as much as gas grills.
- Versatility - Charcoal grills provide a wide variety of cooking options. They're great for direct, high cooking temperature grilling as well as indirect, slow-and-low possibilities as well. Then when you factor in the variety of outdoor grill charcoal types and the option of adding wood chips or pellets for additional smoke flavor, you've got more ways to grill than you can shake a stick at.
What to Consider when Shopping for a Charcoal Grill or Smoker
While we have selected only the highest quality brands in the outdoor cooking industry, our stock still includes a wide variety of options, from small to large charcoal grills and featuring units with a variety of options, features and designs that might appeal to you. To be sure you find the charcoal BBQ grill that's right for you, we've compiled a list of common factors to keep in mind while shopping:
- Grill Style - While the traditional kettle-style freestanding grill is still alive and well, we also carry them in a number of other form factors, including full-size cart models, post grills and built-in grills designed to be integrated into an outdoor kitchen island. Which you choose is mostly a factor of preference. If you want a grill you can easily move around, a portable or small cart design is likely best. If you're looking for a more permanent installation as part of a full outdoor cooking suite, then a post or built-in model may be right for you.
- Size - Large or small, we've almost certainly got the right sized grill for you. Whether you're looking for a portable charcoal grill for camping or a centerpiece unit with a huge cooking surface for feeding the whole neighborhood, you'll find it with Kickass Grills. While it can be tempting to think that bigger is better (and it often is), it's important to remember that a larger grill requires more fuel and more time to heat up.
- Price - We mentioned above that our grill offerings tend to be on the pricier end of the market because we've selected only industry leading brands. That said, there's still quite a range of options available, ensuring there's something for almost any budget. Nowhere is this more true than in our charcoal grill offerings, which include some of the lowest price points on our site, for the reasons discussed above. If you're looking to get the highest quality grill for a price that won't break the bank, a charcoal kettle grill from Kickass Grills is the way to go. On the other hand, if you love the taste of charcoal-grilled food and want to invest in a top of the line option, we've also got you covered.
- Material - While all grills are made of metal, not all metals are created equal. When choosing a grill that you want to last for a long time, you'll want to focus on those made from 304 stainless steel, which represents most of the grills in our collection. This alloy is the ideal protection against corrosion, ensuring lasting durability. In addition, many of our grills feature cast iron grates, which absorb more heat from the coals to ensure deeper, richer sear marks.
- Features - While charcoal grills tend not to have quite the number of features that gas grills do, when you're shopping the best in the business at Kickass Grills, you're sure to find smart quality of life add-ons like built-in rotisserie cookers, removable fuel trays and precision dampers to provide a smoother experience. With our broad selection, you're sure to find a grill with with right feature set for your needs.
Charcoal Grills & Smokers FAQ
- How do I light a charcoal grill? The best way to light a charcoal grill is with a charcoal chimney or chimney starter. This convenient tool just needs to be filled with charcoal, lit with tinder and given a bit of time for the flame to spread. Then just dump the charcoal into the grill and you're ready to go, no lighter fluid needed.
- How long does a charcoal barbecue grill last? When you shop with Kickass Grills, any grill you buy is sure to last a long time because they're built from quality materials by reputable manufacturers who stand behind their products. A quality grill can be expected to last for at least five years, if not more.
- Can I use wood chips or chunks in a charcoal grill? Yes, and it's super simple. You can simply add hardwood chips or chunks to your charcoal either before or after lighting to infuse that extra smoky flavor straight into your food.
- What can I cook on a charcoal grill? Put simply: if you can cook it on a stove or in an oven, you can cook it on a charcoal grill. For high heat cooking like burgers and brats, simply place them directly over the coals. For low and slow cooking with larger cuts of meat, light the charcoal as normal and then place it to one side of the grill with the meat on the opposite side, allowing radiant heat to bring it to moist, tender perfection.
- What are the best brands of charcoal grill? All of the brands we carry can be considered among the best in the industry. Some of our most popular charcoal grill brands include: Napoleon, Bull, Blaze, Fire Magic, Coyote and Everdure.