- Blaze BLZ-20-KAMADO Cast Aluminum Kamado GrillSpecial Price $1,789.99 Regular Price $2,237.49
- Primo CXLH Extra Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill HeadSpecial Price $1,619.00 Regular Price $1,943.00
- Primo CLGH Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill HeadSpecial Price $1,279.00 Regular Price $1,535.00
- Primo CXLHJ Jack Daniel's Edition Extra Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill HeadSpecial Price $1,829.00 Regular Price $2,195.00
- Primo CLGC Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal All-In-One Kamado Grill Head on Wheeled CradleSpecial Price $1,899.00 Regular Price $2,279.00
- Primo CJRH Junior Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill HeadSpecial Price $989.00 Regular Price $1,187.00
- Primo CXLH Extra Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill on TableAs low as $2,528.00
- Primo CXLC Extra Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal All-In-One Kamado Grill Head on Wheeled CradleSpecial Price $2,219.00 Regular Price $2,663.00
- Primo CRH Round Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill HeadSpecial Price $1,099.00 Regular Price $1,319.00
- Primo CRC Round Ceramic Charcoal All-In-One Kamado Grill Head on Wheeled CradleSpecial Price $1,424.00 Regular Price $1,709.00
- Coyote Built-In Ceramic Asado Smoker (C1CHCS)Special Price $1,199.00 Regular Price $1,259.00
- Primo CXLH Extra Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill on CartAs low as $2,044.00
- Primo CLGH-613 Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill on Cypress Countertop TableSpecial Price $2,188.00 Regular Price $2,626.00
- Primo CLGH Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill on CartAs low as $1,704.00
- Primo CJRH-321 Junior Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill on GO Portable CradleSpecial Price $1,128.00 Regular Price $1,354.00
- Primo CJRH-321-322 Junior Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill on GO Portable Cradle & BaseSpecial Price $1,317.00 Regular Price $1,581.00
- Primo CJRH-614 Junior Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill on Cypress Countertop TableSpecial Price $1,744.00 Regular Price $2,093.00
- Primo CJRH Junior Oval Ceramic Charcoal Kamado Grill on CartAs low as $1,364.00
Kamado Grills: A New Era of Charcoal CookingOne of the most versatile cooking options for backyard kitchens, the kamado grill's growing popularity is an indicator of how many home BBQ masters are looking for an all-in-one option. Whether you're looking to grill, smoke, bake or roast, these ceramic grills can do the job. If you're looking to replace your current grill or just add a second way to flex your patio cooking prowess, a kamado grill may be right for you.
These egg-shaped grills are also an excellent addition to outdoor kitchen islands because of their small footprint that allows them to slot in without taking up a ton of space. When you shop for a kamado grill with Kickass Grills, you're also going to be taking advantage of our product expertise and top notch customer service. We've curated a collection of only the highest quality brands in the industry. so you know you're buying a grill that will last.
Why Buy a Kamado GrillWhat makes a kamado grill special? Besides the flexibility mentioned above, they are also some of the best insulated grills on the market. Generally made of ceramic, which is excellent at heat retention, these grills provide a cooking environment that gets hot quickly, stays hot longer, uses less fuel and keeps a stable temperature regardless of the weather for consistent results. Customers who buy a kamado from Kickass Grills tell us they choose it for these reasons:
- Flavor - Like all other forms of charcoal and solid fuel cooking, kamado grills are able to provide a level of flavor that other types of grill can't quite match. As charcoal burns, it releases smoke which is absorbed by the food to take grilling from good to great. Kamados take this to another level with a design that locks that smoke inside and naturally circulates it to do the most good.
- Versatility - As mentioned above, kamados can do it all. You can achieve traditional grilling using direct heat and placing the food directly above the coals, or you can move the charcoal off to one side so the heat slowly permeates the food for juicy, tender slow cooking goodness.
- Efficiency - Because they're generally built from or lined with ceramic insulation, kamado grills are some of the most efficient on the market. By preventing heat from escaping, they let you get more mileage out of your charcoal supply and make standing by the grill feel more comfortable on hot summer days.
What to Consider when Shopping for a Kamado GrillWhile at first glance it may seem that all kamados are made equal, there are still a number of factors to keep in mind to ensure the grill you choose will best meet your needs. When you're shopping with Kickass Grills, you don't have to worry about quality as we've done the legwork of selecting only the best brands on the market for inventory. This means you can focus more of your attention on things like:
- Grill Style - Kamado grills are available either as grill heads that can be placed on a stand or countertop or pre-mounted in either a rolling cart or stand. If you're building your own outdoor kitchen island or workspace, then the head style is probably your best bet. If you're looking for a standalone grill station with or without prep space built in, then a cart or stand model is the way to go.
- Size - The variety of sizes available can cover most use cases. If you're usually cooking just for yourself and a few others, then the smaller kamado grills will work just fine. If you're looking to grill or smoke for parties, then you'll probably want to spring for one of the larger units.
- Price - Because we carry only the best brands in the business here at Kickass Grills, our prices do tend toward the higher end of the market, but kamado grills can be surprisingly affordable, especially when you choose one of the smaller models. It's important to keep in mind that buying a cheap grill that gives out after a few summers will cost you more in the long run than a quality grill designed to last for years.
- Accessories - Many of the kamado models we carry can be upgraded with accessory sets that can make your grilling experience easier and more enjoyable. Available accessories include roaster pans, baking stones, electric charcoal starters, drip pans, rotisserie kits, rotisserie baskets and kebab holders.
Kamado Grill FAQ
- How do I light a kamado grill? Kamado grills are lit the same way you would light a standard charcoal grill. You can use a chimney starter to get the charcoal started and then release the burning charcoal into the grill. You can also make things easier by using an electric charcoal starter, which is available as an optional accessory with many of our kamado grills.
- What's the difference between a kamado grill and a charcoal grill? While they use the same fuel type and can be used for many of the same cooking styles, there are still some key differences. Kamado smokers/grills are built or lined with ceramic insulation that retains heat better than metal for a different cooking experience.
- What type of charcoal should I use in a kamado grill? We recommend using natural hardwood lump charcoal rather than charcoal briquettes. Lump charcoal burns more efficiently and gets a good deal hotter than briquettes, and it's made from hardwoods like maple and hickory, which imparts more smokey flavor.
- How long will a kamado grill last? Short answer: a long time. Ceramic is considerably more weather-resistant than metal as it isn't subject to corrosion. Grills made from ceramic have been in use for thousands of years because of their durability.
- What are the best brands of kamado grill? The most popular kamado brands we carry at Kickass Grills are Primo, Blaze and Coyote. All three of these brands make quality ceramic grills.